Product development is the identified strategy to grow by staying in the same market but come up with new or improved products. The creation of products with new or different characteristics that offer new or additional benefits to the customer.
What does this mean and is this concept applicable in the CELTH domain?
With its focus on guests and a high level of service, it is not so much about additional benefits but more about enhanced/improved experiences. A good experience goes beyond good service. For example, you want to book a hotel. Either on- or offline you are serviced according to the highest standards. But then you get your tickets early and you get an upgrade, and a bottle of wine or fruit basket is waiting for you. That is contributing to the guest experience by exceeding expectations. This opens a pathway to the holy grail of doing business. Loyalty and repeat sales.
How to make it work for you?
- Create a clear guest experience vision;
- Make use of personas to cater to individualised experiences;
- Manage the emotional connection with your guest;
- Capture guest feedback in real time;
- Design a quality framework to coach your team;
- Look for continuous employee feedback;
- Measure and share the results of your efforts, for example, by using the NPS (Net Promoter Score).
CELTH can help you in all stages by organising support based on solid industry research. If you want to know more contact us.